And my, what a pretty yacht she is. At first glance; Elegant. Clean and crisp. Inside, look for more unexpected creativity. She adds an ultra-modern exclamation mark to her “typical Moonen” lineage; joining an exclusive “club” which features outstanding, award-winning quality. Yet, so far has limited its production to only three or four excellent yachts per year. Since 1981, that includes some 75 yachts up to 124’ – cruisers, explorers, fast yachts and displacement yachts, in both steel and aluminum.
Designer Rene’ van der Velden, with Art-Line Interior Design’s Marilyn Bos-de Vaal and Frank Pieterse, contrived the new yacht’s highly individual, sometimes ultra-modern interior, resulting in a tailor-made expression which reverberates throughout. Featuring top-echelon comfort protocols in the Owner’s apartment, she presents four suite-caliber guest staterooms; three decks and complete, up-to-the-minute mechanical, control and navigation systems making Moonen's largest build-to-date... a first-class yachting statement!
Well regarded for compelling attention to seakeeping, Moonen builds into this new steel displacement hull with aluminum superstructure – the essential characteristics for maneuverability and stability - a low center of gravity. Complementing today’s materials with decades of Dutch yacht building experience, Moonen adds intimate attention to a ship's seaworthiness, resulting in a reputation for pocket-sized yachts that hold their own in superyacht seas. With an economical cruise of 9 knots and a storm skirting speed of 14 knots, Northlander is capable of seeking each point on a compass rose within 5,000 nautical miles. On the subject of seeking new waypoints, let's get fiscal... Merit AS of Istanbul, Turkey, recently acquired an 80% share of Moonen Yachts. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Emile Bilterijst, who continues to lead the company as Managing Partner. This move will undoubtedly lead to new horizons for the builder, as well as new working relationships. Welcome Salim!